[CentOS] HP vs. Brother Printers: Use with Centos/Fedora

Sat Jun 27 22:02:25 UTC 2020
Ron Loftin <reloftin at twcny.rr.com>

On Sat, 2020-06-27 at 15:44 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 17:33:39 -0400
> Jay Hart wrote:
>

> > If you had to rate which printer brand works better with Linux
> > (Fedora and
> > Centos), what would it be?
> Any Brother printer that I've ever had the misfortune to have to deal
> with either didn't work at all or if could be made to work, it didn't
> work for long.
>
> If it's a Brother, run away as fast as you can.  They're the cheapest
> crappiest thing you can possibly imagine.
>
> My wife makes quilts and says the same thing about Brother sewing
> machines.

I can't speak to the sewing machines, but I have to say that I've had
very good luck with Brother printers.  However, we have to be honest
and acknowledge that I'm talking about LASER printers, not the $%^&*
inkjet silliness.

In my DEFINITELY not-so-humble opinion, the "run away as fast as you
can" advice applies to ALL inkjets that are intended for home use.

The only real differences I'm aware of between Brother and HP LASER
printers are price, and the fact that the HP drivers are usually
included in the distribution by default, and you have to download and
install the Brother drivers.  I'm sitting next to a Brother MFC L-
2750DW that is a year or so old, and it does everything I need it to.

As always, YMMV.

Ron Loftin			reloftin at twcny.rr.com

"God, root, what is difference ?"	Piter from UserFriendly