[CentOS] CentOS 7 system running out of available memory, then unusable, network interfaces probably involved

Mon Jun 29 19:54:58 UTC 2020
John Pierce <jhn.pierce at gmail.com>

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 12:47 PM wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:

> Nothing jumps to my eyes looking at /var/log/messages but this, many
> occurrences:
>   kernel: nf_conntrack: falling back to vmalloc.

nf_conntrack is only involved if you are doing some form of NAT routing on
this system and/or fairly complex iptables kind of rules....  you mentioned
two different network interfaces, one wired, one wireless, how are you
using these, what sort of routing between the two networks ?

--
-john r pierce
  recycling used bits in santa cruz