[CentOS] Anki on CentOS 7

Thu Mar 5 15:55:58 UTC 2020
H <agents at meddatainc.com>

I am trying to run Anki on one of my computers running the latest update of CentOS 7. However, starting it in a terminal window shows it fails with the following messages:

libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to open swrast (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
libEGL warning: GLX: glXQueryVersion failed
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to open swrast (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
libEGL warning: GLX: glXQueryVersion failed
qt: QXcbIntegration: Cannot create platform OpenGL context, neither GLX nor EGL are enabled
qt: QXcbIntegration: Cannot create platform offscreen surface, neither GLX nor EGL are enabled
qt: QXcbIntegration: Cannot create platform OpenGL context, neither GLX nor EGL are enabled
mpv not found, reverting to mplayer
qt: WebEngineContext used before QtWebEngine::initialize() or OpenGL context creation failed.
qt: QXcbIntegration: Cannot create platform OpenGL context, neither GLX nor EGL are enabled
Aborted (core dumped)

Anki 2.1.15-alternate comes with the QtWebEngine and I have this app running on two other computers running CentOS 7. Thus, not a general problem but probably related either to the graphics driver on this system xorg-x11-drv-ati or some configuration mismatch. It was suggested on the Anki support forum I ask in the distribution forum since they had no explanation...