[CentOS] crypto-policies / per connection based config

Wed Mar 18 13:11:53 UTC 2020
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

EL8 workstation: crypto-policies is set to DEFAULT.

I need to establish a VPN connection via NetworkManager (Gnome UI) that
uses a legacy protocol. Downgrading the policies globally in
/etc/crypto-policies/back-ends (I do it just for one backend) helps
to establish the connection. To protect this workstation I want
to have this config just for this connection (its openssl based that
needs opensslcnf.config adapted) and not for all openssl based services.
Is a per connection based config possible?

Thanks for hints,
Leon