[CentOS] CentOS 8 Gstreamer and Mplayer

Sun Mar 29 22:34:20 UTC 2020
Mark LaPierre <marklapier at gmail.com>

Hey Y'all,

What replaced Gstreamer and Mplayer in CentOS 8.  RPM finder finds both
for CentOS 6 and 7 but not 8.  There must be a replacement for them but
I don't know what.

I appear to be having codec issues but, not knowing what's supposed to
handle the jobs that the two programs used to do, I don't know where to
look for a commercial set of codecs compatible with the application.

I'm getting error messages, "No video with supported format and MIME
type found." when visiting certain web sites with Firefox.  I would try
it with Chrome but that does not appear to be available in the CentOS 8
repos either.

I found solutions to this issue on the net that involved turning off
HTML5 direct rendering and using Flash, but that's not going to happen.

--
     _
    °v°