[CentOS] Saving windows and settings in CentOS 7 running MATE

Wed Mar 4 15:05:42 UTC 2020
James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com>

H wrote:

> On 03/02/2020 06:04 PM, James Pearson wrote:
>> H wrote:
>>>
>>> I have installed gnome session save and restore per
>>> http://blog.thewebsitepeople.org/2013/07/gnome-session-save-and-restore/.
>>> I am running the MATE Desktop on CentOS 7 but the app above does not
>>> seem to save and restore the positions and sizes of directory listing
>>> windows, nor does it save the order of the windows on the taskbar at
>>> the bottom.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have a better solution?
>>
>> Not sure GNOME settings are relevant with Mate ...
>>
>> With Mate, you should be able to do:
>>
>>   gsettings set org.mate.session auto-save-session true
>>
>> James Pearson
>>

> Thank you! What would the corresponding restore session commands be?

The above command saves the Mate desktop when you logout so you get back
to where your were when you log back in - i.e. it restores your session
on login

Setting it to 'false' turns this off

James Pearson