[CentOS] Running CentOS 6 in a Docker container on a non-CentOS host

Tue Mar 10 08:31:45 UTC 2020
Peter Kjellström <cap at nsc.liu.se>

On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 16:16:01 -0400
Alfred von Campe <alfred at von-campe.com> wrote:

> > On Mar 5, 2020, at 6:05, Peter Kjellström wrote:
> >
> > You can use singularity. The following example makes an image by
> > pulling from centos on dockerhub:
>
> Interesting!  However, I would prefer to use more “native” Docker
> commands, as I would rather not have all developers install and
> configure Singularity when they already have Docker installed on
> their systems.

Docker could pull from the same dockerhub url as singularity. I just
used singularity in my example because thats what I use and know. Its
main advantage is the no-root-required part..

/Peter