[CentOS] Running amanda on CentOS 7: "amanda-udp.service failed."

Wed Mar 18 01:47:02 UTC 2020
Orion Poplawski <orion at nwra.com>

On 3/17/20 7:03 AM, Robert Heller wrote:
> I am trying to get amanda backup going on a CentOS 7 system and things are not
> working:
>
> sharky4.deepsoft.com% sudo systemctl start amanda-udp
> [sudo] password for heller:
> Job for amanda-udp.service failed because a configured resource limit was exceeded. See "systemctl status amanda-udp.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
> sharky4.deepsoft.com% sudo systemctl status -l amanda-udp
> ● amanda-udp.service - Amanda Backup System
>     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/amanda-udp.service; static; vendor preset: disabled)
>     Active: failed (Result: resources)

You don't start the service directly.   Start and enable the socket and
then it will start the service when a connection is made.

systemctl enable amanda-udp.socket
systemctl start amanda-udp.socket

--
Orion Poplawski
Manager of NWRA Technical Systems          720-772-5637
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com
Boulder, CO 80301                 https://www.nwra.com/