[CentOS] CentOS 8 Gstreamer and Mplayer

Mon Mar 30 03:18:52 UTC 2020
Mark LaPierre <marklapier at gmail.com>

On 2020-03-29 18:42, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Mar 2020 18:34:20 -0400
> Mark LaPierre wrote:
>
>> What replaced Gstreamer and Mplayer in CentOS 8.  RPM finder finds both
>> for CentOS 6 and 7 but not 8.  There must be a replacement for them but
>> I don't know what.
>
> rpmfusion might be what you're looking for.

I'm assuming that rpmfusion is a repository that I have to set up on my
new squeaky clean freshly installed machine and then proceed to pollute
it with questionable packages. ;-)

I'll look into that tomorrow.

What I would really like to know is, were these applications replaced
with something else that I should be using instead?

Thank you for responding.  I really do appreciate it.

--
     _
    °v°