[CentOS] CentOS 8 Gstreamer and Mplayer

Mon Mar 30 12:47:00 UTC 2020

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 06:34:20PM -0400, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> I'm getting error messages, "No video with supported format and MIME type
> found." when visiting certain web sites with Firefox.  I would try it with
> Chrome but that does not appear to be available in the CentOS 8 repos
> either.

I suspect you're trying to view video using the H264 codec.

To use h264 (and aac) with firefox, you need to install the FFMpeg
library (libavcodec) which is a package not provided by CentOS because
of patent issues. RPMFusion (as others have mentioned) includes
packages.

You can always figure out what packages are needed for ffmpeg and
limit the rpmfusion free repo to only pull down those updates.