[CentOS] Some problems with Unbound under CentOS8

Mon Mar 30 13:01:36 UTC 2020
Carlos Lopez <clopmz at outlook.com>

Many thanks Stepehn. I am using the following options:

server:
	interface: 0.0.0.0
	do-ip6: no

	access-control: 0.0.0.0/0 refuse
	access-control: 127.0.0.0/8 allow
	access-control: ::0/0 refuse
	access-control: ::1 allow
	access-control: 172.22.55.0/27 allow

	hide-identity: yes
	hide-version: yes

	do-tcp: no
	do-not-query-localhost: no
	extended-statistics: yes
	so-reuseport: yes
	use-caps-for-id: yes
	unblock-lan-zones: yes
	insecure-lan-zones: yes

--
Regards,
C. L. Martinez

On 30/03/2020, 14:50, "CentOS on behalf of Stephen John Smoogen" <centos-bounces at centos.org on behalf of smooge at gmail.com> wrote:

    On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 at 08:42, Carlos Lopez <clopmz at outlook.com> wrote:

    > Hi Stephen,
    >
    >  Many thanks for your answer. Unbound under OpenBSD is compiled with few
    >
    > Version 1.9.4

    That may also be the difference. RHEL-8 is 1.7.3 so I don't know if that
    added features or config options which the 1.9.4 has in it.

    > Configure line: --enable-allsymbols --with-ssl=/usr --with-libevent=/usr
    > --with-libexpat=/usr --without-pythonmodule --with-chroot-dir=/var/unbound
    > --with-pidfile= --with-rootkey-file=/var/unbound/db/root.key
    > --with-conf-file=/var/unbound/etc/unbound.conf --with-username=_unbound
    > --disable-shared --without-pthreads
    > Linked libs: pluggable-libevent 1.4.15-stable (it uses kqueue), LibreSSL
    > 3.0.2
    > Linked modules: dns64 respip validator iterator
    >
    >  But, maybe this is not the problem ... Most relevance difference is
    > "disable-rpath" flag under CentOS ... I have tried a RHEL 8.1 vm and
    > problem is the same as is CentOS8 ...

    OK I am going with version differences or config options. Are you using the
    defaults with only an additional file mod for your local dns or something
    else?

    Stephen J Smoogen.