[CentOS] CentOS 7 - xfs shrink & expand

Wed May 13 12:28:56 UTC 2020
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

Hi,

> Yeah, I tried that but ran into a problem.  It came up fine in
> single-user/maintenance mode.   The mount command shows all of the
> mounted file systems, but after I 'chroot /sysroot', the mount failed
> (with some problem with mtab, sorry don't have the exact error
> message).  So I couldn't mount my 32TB RAID (where the xfsdump file was).

I think you misunderstood what I meant. You appear to have booted into
rescue mode, but that's not what I meant. What I meant is good old single
user mode. The state you'll get with "telinit 1" or with "s" or "1" as a
kernel boot option.

For what you want to do not a single reboot is required.

Regards,
Simon