[CentOS] LibreOffice locking up

Mon May 25 01:17:06 UTC 2020
H <agents at meddatainc.com>

On 05/24/2020 08:17 PM, Kuang-Chun Cheng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have similar problem for both oocalc and ooimpress.  It happens at CentOS
> 6x, 7x and 8x.
> So I believe it's LibreOffice's bug, but I have no proof.
>
> KC
>
> H <agents at meddatainc.com> 於 2020年5月25日 週一 上午7:56寫道:
>
>> I am running LibreOffice 5.3.6.1 under the latest update of CentOS 7 and
>> the Mate desktop. Not infrequently LibreOffice Calc locks up and I have to
>> force close the application. Altough the spreadsheet is rather large I
>> would not consider it complex.
>>
>> This has been going on for some time and I am curious if the bug might be
>> in LibreOffice or if there is some interaction with the Mate desktop that
>> might be responsible. Both CentOS, LibreOffice and Mate have been regularly
>> updated from the standard repositories for a long time.
>>
>> Does anyone else have the same problem?

OK, so it is probably LibreOffice. I guess we should file a bug wherever they accept bug reports. However, since this is the office application for CentOS 7 it would be interesting to get feedback from more users.

By the way, I see you have Chinese characters in your e-mail response. Are you by any chance using fcitx to switch between keyboards, including a Chinese one? If not, what are you using to switch between keyboards?