[CentOS] Adobe digital editions? - part way solved

Thu May 28 02:56:01 UTC 2020
mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

On 2020-05-27 15:21, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Wed, 27 May 2020 14:13:34 -0500
> Jon Pruente wrote:
>
>> A major issue is that it's not just reading the file, it's that ADE is
>> needed to even authorize and fulfill the download. Then the possibility of
>> DRM on top of that.
>
> While I've never tried it, it's my understanding that you can use calibre to remove the drm encryption on a purchased ebook so you can read it with something like fbreader (which, as far as I know, can't read a drm-encrusted ebook).
>
> Calibre is also available as an appimage.
>
> https://bintray.com/probono/AppImages/download_file?file_path=Calibre-3.18.0.glibc2.14-x86_64.AppImage

Ok. So, I kept searching, and found, on the centosfaq, someone a couple
years ago announcing a 32 wine library for C 7. I installed that... and
using WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32, I could finally run their setup.

Great. !.something, while Adobe has 3, 4.5 and 4.8

Now, I can run the ADE... except I don't remember my password from years
ago, and both the "forgot Adobe ID *and* the "forgot password" goes to
and Adobe 404 page.

I have notified ebooks.com of their need to update the Linux page....

	mark