[CentOS] CentOS8 and proftpd with quota file module enable

Sun May 10 18:19:32 UTC 2020
Dario Lesca <d.lesca at solinos.it>

Hi, someone can help me on this follow problem?

I have also write to proftpd ML and if someone give me some suggest I
let you know.

Many thanks for your reply.

Dario

------- Messaggio inoltrato -------
Da: Dario Lesca <d.lesca at solinos.it>
Rispondi a: proftp-user at lists.sourceforge.net
A: proftp-user at lists.sourceforge.net
Oggetto: [Proftpd-user] proftpd-1.3.6c on centos8: When
mod_quotatab_file is enable, the get command give "get: Access failed:
550 aa.sh: No such file or directory"
Data: Sat, 09 May 2020 11:51:00 +0200

Hello every body! this is my first post on this ML

I have install (via dnf) and configure proftpd-1.3.6c on centos 8.1 up
to date without modify the basic configuration file and add my modules
configuration file under include folder /etc/proftpd/conf.d/

Then I have enable the mod_quotatab_file, configure it and initialize
the Quota*Table file

   QuotaLimitTable file:/etc/proftpd/ftpquota.limittab
   QuotaTallyTable file:/etc/proftpd/ftpquota.tallytab

All work fine except get command, when I try get a existent file
uploaded, i obtain this error:

   "get: Access failed: 550 aa.sh: No such file or directory"

The aa.sh file exist and it have the right access, see this example
session:

   $ lftp -uftpste:mypass ftp://localhost -e 'site quota;ls aa.sh;lcd
/tmp;get aa.sh;exit'
   200-The current quota for this session are [current/limit]:
   Name: ftpste
   Quota Type: User
   Per Session: False
   Limit Type: Hard
     Uploaded Mb:          0.69/5000.00
     Downloaded Mb:        unlimited
     Transferred Mb:       unlimited
     Uploaded files:       unlimited
     Downloaded files:     unlimited
     Transferred files:    unlimited
   200 Please contact root at localhost if these entries are inaccurate
   -rw-r--r--   1 ftpste   gftpste        33 Dec  3 14:31 aa.sh
   lcd ok, local cwd=/tmp
   get: Access failed: 550 aa.sh: No such file or directory

I have investigate with debug enable and "strace -p" during get
session and I have realize that when this modules is enable (if it's
disable get work fine), the  file is searched under / (/aa.sh) rather
than into folder in which it is located: theuser's home in this case

lstat("/aa.sh", 0x7ffe6dce9ed0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

If I create a empty file under / (touch /aa.sh) the get command work
and the file obtained is the right file present into home folder.

Is this a bug or there is some misconfiguration in my files?

Many thanks for reply.

--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 32 Workstation)