[CentOS] Thunderbird Revision Issues

Fri May 22 19:28:39 UTC 2020
Mark LaPierre <marklapier at gmail.com>

Hey all,

CentOS 6 has Thunderbird 68.8.0
CentOS 8 has Thunderbird 68.7.0

When I rsync my .thunderbird folder from my CentOS 6 machine to my
CentOS 8 machine and start Thunderbird it says:

"A newer version of Thunderbird may have made changes to your
profile which are no longer compatible with this older version.
Use this profile only with that newer version, or create a new profile
for this installation of Thunderbird.  Creating a new profile requires
setting up your accounts, calendars and add-ons again."

Needless to say, this is not an acceptable choice.  I have several email
accounts that would have to be set up.  That's not such a big issue, but
I have many local folders set up that I can't duplicate on the new
installation if I can't use my previous profile.

Does anyone know when CentOS 8 will catch up with CentOS 6 so that I can
start using my new CentOS 8 box?

Perhaps there is another work around.  I've tried many of the solution
provided on the mozilla web site to no avail.  I even tried to install
Thunderbird 68.8.0 on my CentOS 8 box.  That didn't make it happy either.

What now brown cow?

--
     _
    °v°