[CentOS] Fwd: video problems

Thu May 7 01:31:41 UTC 2020
mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: video problems
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 21:24:57 -0400
From: mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

I've got an ancient USB videocam (QuickCam Express, yes, 15 years old).
I got it working under C7, after I removed the default loaded
gspca_spca561, and replaced it with the previous driver, gspca_spca508.
It also needed zc3xx.

Then I updated and rebooted my system a couple of days ago, and now no
/dev/video, no errors....

Any clues?

	mark "other than waiting for a camera to arrive from China somewhere in
June or July?"

Right, I should have added that I even did
mknod /dev/video0 c 81 0

crw-rw-r--. 1 root root 81, 0 May  6 21:07 /dev/video0

But mplayer tells me
v4l2: unable to open '/dev/video0': No such device or address

Huh?

	mark