[CentOS] CentOS 8 CD Ripper(SOLVED)

Sun May 10 03:24:35 UTC 2020
Mark LaPierre <marklapier at gmail.com>

On 2020-04-09 08:15, J. Echter wrote:
> Am 09.04.20 um 02:39 schrieb Mark LaPierre:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Does anyone know of a CD ripper that will work with CentOS 8?  I've
>> found a great many that will work CentOS 6 and 7 but nothing that will
>> build for CentOS 8.
>>
> Hi,
>
> i'm using k3b for this purpose, also supports cdparanoia.
>
> Hope this helps.

Thank you very much.  After a short battle with configuration I got k3b
installed a ripping music.  VLC does a fine job of playing the ripped files.

<RANT>I'm not as thrilled with Gnome 3 that does not provide an icon in
the desktop by which the now ripped CD may be ejected.  A brief search
of the k3b interface failed to turn up an eject button either.<\RANT>

Thanks a lot.  I really appreciate the help.

--
     _
    °v°