[CentOS] Create Virtualbox image from running system?

Sat May 16 11:36:24 UTC 2020

On May 15, 2020, at 22:30, Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:

> I see that Microsoft has a utility that (apparently) can read a running system and create an image that can then be imported and run on Virtualbox.
>
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/disk2vhd
>
> "You can even have Disk2vhd create the VHDs on local volumes, even ones being converted (though performance is better when the VHD is on a disk different than ones being converted)."
>
> Is there anything that does the same thing for Linux, and can image a system like that while it's actually running?

I doubt CentOS has anything for virtualbox, you should check with Oracle there.

But you can use virt-p2v to create a KVM image.  It needs to be run from a rescue disk or livecd though.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-p2v.1.html