[CentOS] ether-wake

Mon May 18 13:33:36 UTC 2020
R C <cjvijf at gmail.com>

Actually you are not correct.

1st: I didn't quote the wikipedia article,  someone sent that as an
answer to my previous post.

    (similar mindset probably, as in your response)

2: You are wrong,  broadcast packets, like for example DHCP, and also
WOL (if UDP), can be routed, by

the means of ip helper addresses and directed broadcasts on Cisco equipment

Also, you like others seem to have a very hard time understanding what
is wriiten/asked.  I asked "What port number does

ether-wake us",  ether-wake being part of Centos So what I am looking
for is a number,  like 9, 37 or something in case it is

actually using UDP. What I am NOT looking for is some patronizing answer
disconnected from the question.

I really wonder why you feel the need to go out on a branch to start
lecturing and quoting answers that are not asked for.

If you don't know the answer, simply don't reply. No one benefits, by
you sending email here that doesn't

have much of anything to do with the topic.

Ron