[CentOS] Thunderbird Revision Issues(SOLVED)

Mon May 25 02:31:13 UTC 2020
Mark LaPierre <marklapier at gmail.com>

On 5/24/20 9:54 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> On 2020-05-23 11:58, Greg Bailey wrote:
>> On 5/22/20 12:28 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> CentOS 6 has Thunderbird 68.8.0
>>> CentOS 8 has Thunderbird 68.7.0
>>>
>>> When I rsync my .thunderbird folder from my CentOS 6 machine to my
>>> CentOS 8 machine and start Thunderbird it says:
>>>
>>> "A newer version of Thunderbird may have made changes to your
>>> profile which are no longer compatible with this older version.
>>> Use this profile only with that newer version, or create a new
>>> profile for this installation of Thunderbird.  Creating a new profile
>>> requires setting up your accounts, calendars and add-ons again."
>>>

>> I think I encountered the same thing when trying to go from CentOS 7
>> to CentOS 8.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure I ended up invoking thunderbird manually with the
>> --allow-downgrade option.  After it was satisfied with my copied
>> profile, it would then subsequently run OK with a normal invocation
>> (using the desktop icon, etc.)
>>
>> -Greg
>>

> Thanks Greg,
>
> I'm copying a nice clean .thunderbird folder from CentOS 6 to CentOS 8
> with rsync in a few minutes, as soon as I'm done playing with my mail
> here.  I'll try your suggestion.  I'll let you know what happens.

Now why couldn't mozilla put that on their web site to help poor slobs
like me.  Your suggestion worked perfectly.  I'm writing this one on the
CentOS 8 machine.

Thank you so much for the intelligent reply.  Most of what I found on my
own said either make a new profile or just keep using the CentOS 6
system, either directly or as a remote desktop.

Thanks again.

I love it when a plan comes together.

--
     _