[CentOS] Adobe digital editions?

Wed May 27 19:12:22 UTC 2020
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>

On Wed, 27 May 2020 14:33:58 -0400
Yves Bellefeuille wrote:

> >  Are the books epub type files?  If so, you can install fbreader from
> >  epel.

While fbreader isn't available for Centos 8 (that I'm aware of, anyway) the appimage works fine.

https://bintray.com/probono/AppImages/download_file?file_path=FBReader-0.99.4.glibc2.14-x86_64.AppImage

However, to make it work you need to use a LD_PRELOAD directive, as follows:

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib64/libfreetype.so FBReader-0.99.4.glibc2.14-x86_64.AppImage

Centos 8 includes the foliate ebook reader, which works but isn't as good as fbreader in my opinion.  So I just use fbreader through the appimage instead.

--
Can we uninstall 2020 and install it again? This one has a virus.