[CentOS] ***Spam***Re: Recover from an fsck failure

Fri May 29 18:43:25 UTC 2020
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Fri, May 29, 2020 10:38, Simon Matter wrote:

> How exactly did you create the cloned disk?

Clonezilla Live. Both systems were running clonezilla live from flash drives so
there was no other disc activity on either system.

> If the source disk still works and is in operation without system errors,
> the cloned disk with its filesystems should really be without error as
> well.

I agree.  But that did not happen. And, as the cloning took place over a
network, it is entirely possible that the error was introduced there.  The
thing takes 11 hours to complete so I am loath to redo it.  But I will if
needsbe.

I will take the opportunity to run fsck on the system HDD while in a live dvd
mode.

Canada  L8E 3C3