[CentOS] enp0s25 disconnect

Tue Nov 3 22:30:34 UTC 2020
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

I tried to boot a Centos 8.2 install CD,
one burned with Centos-8-2-2004-x86_64-boot .

In the setup, it persisted in telling me
that ethernet thing enp0s25 was disconnected.
Nyet.
'Twas working several seconds previous and is working now.
This is a showstopper.
How do I debug it?

Also, whatever else it did,
I now have environment variable
HOSTNAME=2001-48F8-3004-2CE-1AE9-F1BF-8759-FF4C-dynamic.midco.net .
It shows up on my terminal window headers
and as part of the prompt on one terminal.
WTF is going on?

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards