[CentOS] installing Centos 8 to an SD card

Thu Nov 5 18:43:24 UTC 2020
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

I'm trying to install Centos 8 from a CD burned with
Centos-8-2-2004-x86_64-boot , to an SD card in a USB SD card reader.

The installer appears not to notice the card reader.
Doing a df from tty2 also provides no notice of the card reader.

Can what I am trying to do be done?
The card currently has a German Knoppix on it.
I know from experience that my machine can boot from it.

How do I make this happen?

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards