[CentOS] centos8 / anaconda EFI regression / HFS+ ESP

Tue Nov 10 16:18:18 UTC 2020
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

Hi folks,

years ago I had no problem installing CentOS7 on my
iMac workstation (iMac Late 2015). The installation
worked out of the box. Today I wanted to upgrade to
CentOS8 and while configuring the partitions I get an
error that the installation can not start because:
"HFS+ ESP needed and mounted on /boot/efi". In fact
they are the same partition as for CentOS7. Is this
a regression of anaconda, implying that the EFI partition
must be HFS based? I can boot CentOS7 with the vfat EFI
partition ...

--
Leon