[CentOS] LibreOffice locking up

Tue Nov 3 12:10:01 UTC 2020
Kuang-Chun Cheng <kccheng at linuxdaq-labs.com>

Mike McCarthy, W1NR <sysop at w1nr.net> 於 2020年11月3日 週二 下午7:56寫道:

> > Can you reproduce the problem with this document?
> >
> > And, when the crash happened, could you still ping the computer from
> > another device in the network?
> >
> > Crashing hard so that only a reset helps is usually only possible with a
> > kernel bug or hardware issue, not something LibreOffice should be able to
> > do.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Simon
> >
> I would agree. In my experience, so called "lockups" are usually the
> result of the video crashing. If you can ping then try ssh to the box
> and do init 3 then init 5 to reset the graphics and see if that clears it.

Hi

In my case, when the LibreOffice lockup happened, the PC was still alive.
The Desktop/GUI is frozen, and the only thing still working is the mouse
pointer
which still follows the mouse movement.  However, you can only move the
mouse pointer,
but clicking on the mouse button doesn't work.

Keyboard seems to die, but Ctrl-Alt-F2 still works.  So I can use text mode
to kill the Desktop session (mate-session, gdm-session) to logout, then the
system will back
and GUI login dialog show up.

I can't repeat the problem, but it happens sometime (at CentOS 6x, 7x & 8x).

Regards,
KC