[CentOS] BIOS RAID0 and differences between disks

Thu Nov 5 02:18:35 UTC 2020
H <agents at meddatainc.com>

My computer running CentOS 7 is configured to use BIOS RAID0 and has two identical SSDs which are also encrypted. I had a crash the other day and due to a bug in the operating system update, I am unable to boot the system in RAID mode since dracut does not recognize the disks in grub. After modifying the grub command line I am able to boot the system from one of the harddisks after entering the LUKS password, seemingly without any problems but am obviously not running in RAID0 mode. When I booted in single-disk mode I am sure there were some new files created on the single SSD the system sees but I fairly quickly shut it down until this can be fixed.

My question is: once the operating system fix has been released and I can once again boot in BIOS RAID0 mode and decrypting both SSDs (same password entered only once of course), how will the BIOS RAID0 react? How will it handle new files on one disk, altered timestamps etc.?

Thanks.