[CentOS] ssacli start rebuild?

Thu Nov 12 02:19:04 UTC 2020

> On Nov 11, 2020, at 8:07 PM, John Pierce <jhn.pierce at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 5:47 PM Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> I’m sure you can reflash LSI card to make it SATA or SAS HBA, or MegaRAD
>> hardware RAID adapter. Is far as I recollect it is the same electronics
>> board. I reflashed a couple of HBAs to make them MegaRAID boards.
>>

> you can reflash SOME megaraid cards to put them in IT 'hba' mode, but not
> others.
>

>> One thing though bothers me about LSI, now after last it was bought by
>> Intel its future faith worries me. Intel pushed 3ware which it acquired in
>> the same package with LSI already into oblivion…
>>

> Its Avago, formerly Aligent, and before that HP, which bought LSI, 3Ware,
> and then Broadcom, and renamed itself Broadcom.

I am apparently wrong, at least about LSI, it still belongs to broadcom, thanks!

Long before broadcom acquired LSI and 3ware, I was awfully displeased by their WiFi chip: infamous BCM43xx. It is 32 bit chip sitting on 64 bit bus. No [sane] open source programmer will be happy to write driver for that. For ages we were using ndis wrapper…. As much as I disliked broadcom for their wireless chipset, I loved them for their ethernet one. And I recollect this was long ago before acquisition by broadcom of LSI and 3ware. Or am I wrong?

Valeri