[CentOS] yum update security updates only

Sat Nov 14 01:08:20 UTC 2020
Jon Pruente <jpruente at riskanalytics.com>

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 6:02 PM Eric Chennells <eric.chennells at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Frank,
>
> Interesting thank you I didn't realize that.  It used to be supported I
> believe, and there is a lot of out of date 3rd party documentation floating
> around google that suggests it does.
>
> Well it's just that many enterprises have policies which state that only
> security updates should be installed, which I suspect is exactly why that
> feature is no longer supported..

There are ways to get the metadata to do that, but it's still not
officially supported. And as for enterprises mandating only security
updates, they would/should pay for RHEL to get that kind of feature.