[CentOS] ssacli start rebuild?

Sun Nov 15 02:32:13 UTC 2020
hw <hw at gc-24.de>

On Sat, 2020-11-14 at 07:11 -0800, John Pierce wrote:

> > > $69, 8 SATA/SAS ports: https://www.newegg.com/p/0ZK-08UH-0GWZ1
> >
> > That says it's for HP.  So will you still get firmware updates once
> > the warranty is expired?  Does it exclusively work with HP hardware?
> >
> > And are these good?
> >

> That specific card is a bad choice, it's the very obsolete SAS1068E chip,
> which was SAS 1.0, with max 2gb per disk.

Thanks!  That's probably why it isn't so expensive.

> Cards based on the SAS 2008, 2308, and 3008 chips are a much better choice.
>
> Any oem card with these chips can be flashed with generic LSI/Broadcom IT
> firmware.

I don't like the idea of flashing one.  I don't have the firmware and I don't
know if they can be flashed with Linux.  Aren't there any good --- and cost
efficient --- ones that do JBOD by default, preferably including 16-port cards
with mini-SAS connectors?