[CentOS] Best practice preparing for disk restoring system

Wed Nov 18 14:26:46 UTC 2020

> On Nov 18, 2020, at 3:27 AM, J Martin Rushton via CentOS <centos at centos.org> wrote:
>
> I'd agree with you John.  I'm trying to get away from Amanda's unpredictability and go back to using scripts to drive dump (for ext2/3/4) and xfsdump (for xfs).

There is enterprise class open source backup software worth mentioning: bareos (and bacula which it forked from). I use them for over a decade, bacula first, then I switched over to bareos. I back up using bareos UNIXes (FreeBSD), Linuxes (CentOS), MS Windows.

Valeri