[CentOS] Xorg --configure

Tue Nov 24 20:44:35 UTC 2020
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020, Jonathan Billings wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 09:27:21AM -0600, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>>
>> I'm currently running Centos 8 off an SD card.
>> It, unlike F32, lets me use my monitor's full 1440 x 900.
>>
>> Both seem to use defaults and EDID,

> Are you sure it isn't dropping to basic VGA or VESA driver because the
> video card isn't supported in Fedora?  Can you change the resolution
> through the control panel or xrandr?

Not for sure.
That said, Centos 8.2 is from earlier this year.
IIRC it derives from F28.
Also, when it runs badly, F#@ does not complain much.
It seems to do what Centos 8 does,
but somehow get the wrong answer.

What control panel?

No.
640 x 480 gets set as the maximum possible resolution.
xrandr comes back with a no can do.

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards