[CentOS] dnf via ansible fails if baseurl is used on CentOS 8

Thu Nov 26 14:58:48 UTC 2020
Thomas Eriksson <thomas.eriksson at maxiv.lu.se>

> I ran into an odd issue on CentOS 8, anyone seen this?
>

> When repos are configured to use baseurl instead of mirrorlist, the
> ansible dnf module fails.
>
> It is as if it is ignoring the baseurl configuration.
>

> #mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=BaseOS&infra=$infra
> baseurl=http://my.local.repo.server/$contentdir/$releasever/BaseOS/$basearch/os/

Are you using a proxy somehow? Do you have proxy environment variables set
in your shell environment which may not exist in the ansible environment?

Thanks for the suggestion!

In the end it turned out the ansible version (2.7.7) on the that machine I run ansible from is not handling dnf commands correctly.
Once ansible was updated to 2.9.15 on the ansible master, it works fine.

/Thomas