[CentOS] Firefox 78 under CentOS 6 -- no sound?

Sun Oct 18 02:06:10 UTC 2020
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

> On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 3:38 PM Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I did a yum update on my CentOS 6 laptop and it upgraded Firefox to 78,
> > and
> > FF stopped seeing my mic and speakers.  Is there some magic I need to do?
> > As
> > a short term (?) fix, I downgraded back to Firefox 68.  My system is
> > otherwise
> > up-to-date.
> >

> Are you sure it's not the auto mute feature they introduced?
>
> https://www.engadget.com/2019-02-04-firefox-66-prevent-auto-playing-video-audio.html

Well, if it was introduced in Firefox 66, that means it is in Firefox 68,
right?  But the audio works just fine in Firefox 68.  And why would the auto
mute have any affect on the mic?

Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364