[CentOS] Firefox 78 under CentOS 6 -- no sound?

Tue Oct 20 17:05:11 UTC 2020

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 12:56:38PM -0400, Yves Bellefeuille wrote:
> Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  This issue?
> >
> >  https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=17767
>
> This is a huge bug! Using Firefox to watch videos is a basic activity.
>
> The bug with grub2 a few months ago was even more serious: it made
> systems unbootable. It's discomfiting to see two major bugs so close
> to each other.

I'm less concerned with firefox being broken on 32-bit CentOS 6
systems when the platform is only going to live for another month.
Frankly, I'm glad to see flash die just a little earlier.

It's not really comparable to the terrible EFI/shim issue that
happened, which was terrible for servers and workstations that can't
be reached remotely because they're wedged in the boot, especially in
these times when a lot of people are WFH.