[CentOS] Firefox 78 under CentOS 6 -- no sound?

Tue Oct 20 20:32:14 UTC 2020
Robert Nichols <rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net>

On 10/20/20 2:45 PM, Robert Heller wrote:

>> Jonathan Billings <billings at negate.org> wrote:
>>
>>>   I'm less concerned with firefox being broken on 32-bit CentOS 6
>>>   systems when the platform is only going to live for another month.
>>>   Frankly, I'm glad to see flash die just a little earlier.
>>
>> It isn't just 32-bit, but also 64-bit, and it isn't just Flash, but
>> also HTML 5.
>>
>> To notice the bug, all you have to do is try to watch any video at
>> Youtube or elsewhere, if the video has sound.
>
> Also, it is specific to FF 78.  FF 68 and eveythhing else in CentOS 6 that
> uses audio, works just fine.  This suggests it is possibly a FF 78 problem.
> Does FF 78 sound work properly in CentOS 7 and 8?  Does anyone know?

FF 78 seems to work OK here in a CentOS 8 VM.
FF 78 is apparently not offered to CentOS 7. Failed in testing, perhaps??
Latest firefox version for CentOS 7 is 68.0.12.0-1.

                 Do NOT delete it.