[CentOS] @Microknoppix

Mon Oct 26 18:20:10 UTC 2020
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

On Mon, 26 Oct 2020, Jonathan Billings wrote:

> Your Knoppix boot probably pushed a dynamic DNS update via DHCP to
> whatever hands out local DNS names on your LAN and now your local IP
> is resolving to that name.
>
> You probably need to update your hostname if you want it to be
> something else.  dhclient (the DHCP client in CentOS 7) can also send
> dynamic dns updates when configured.  (Look in the man page for
> dhclient.conf, I believe it is do-forward-updates.)

I have dhclient.conf :

option classless-static-routes code 121 = array of unsigned integer 8;

request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
         domain-name, domain-name-servers, domain-search, host-name,
         root-path, interface-mtu, classless-static-routes;

man dhclient.conf :
        The do-forward-updates statement

         do-forward-updates [ flag ] ;

        If  you want to do DNS updates in the DHCP client script (see dhclient-
        script(8)) rather than having the DHCP client do  the  update  directly
        (for  example,  if  you want to use SIG(0) authentication, which is not
        supported directly by the DHCP client, you can instruct the client  not
        to  do  the update using the do-forward-updates statement.  Flag should
        be true if you want the DHCP client to do the update, and false if  you
        don't  want  the  DHCP  client  to do the update.  By default, the DHCP
        client will do the DNS update.

To dhclient.conf , I should add
do-forward-updates true ;

Correct?
Do I need to reboot or somthing to see the effect?

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards