[CentOS] How to solve missing net-snmp-perl?

Tue Oct 6 13:56:56 UTC 2020
Andre Herms <andre_herms at genua.de>

Hello,

Since Centos 8.2 the net-snmp-perl RPM seems missing.

I already found a bug ticket https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=17408

It looks like the package should actually be available in AppStream. But for some reason it's not.
The package stuff at https://git.centos.org/rpms/net-snmp.git look like before. The RPM file should be generated.

Now I wonder, how does the Centos infrastructure decide, which RPM to include into the repository? When it's based on the tags, shouln't the net-snmp-perl RPM be included together with the other RPMs?

I already studied the public available documation of the build system. But I couldn't get the information I need.
Any hint for me?

Thanks.