[CentOS] No sound after latest Firefox update (firefox-78.3.0-1.el6.centos.x86_64)

Fri Oct 2 13:36:34 UTC 2020
Robert Nichols <rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net>

On 10/1/20 3:24 PM, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 01, 2020 at 04:01:29PM -0400, mailist wrote:
>> The Ubuntu-derived distros are much better suited to desktop.  I run several
>> of them, as well as
>> CentOS 7 and 8.  Ubuntu, Kubuntu (Ubuntu with KDE), Lubuntu, Debian, PopOS,
>> and Zorin.
>
> They all use systemd.  If you're running CentOS 6 to avoid that,
> you're out of luck.

I can live with systemd. It's the Gnome 3 UI that I can't stand. I gave
Mate a try briefly, but ran into some issues that I don't recall just
now. I'll give it another try, but I may just give up and switch to
Mint. The major issue for my doing that is the package manager, since
I have several custom packages that are RPMs.

                 Do NOT delete it.