[CentOS] system sounds

Thu Oct 15 00:29:32 UTC 2020

On Oct 13, 2020, at 23:03, R C <cjvijf at gmail.com> wrote:

> been playing around a bit and noticed:
>

> When I login as root, gnome,  all the system sounds seem to be working.
>
> When I log in as a regelur user,  the system sounds do't.  So I guess it must be a permissions issue somewhere that happened during/after the last update?

I didn’t know it was even possible to use GNOME as root.  It certainly is a terrible idea.

It’s possible that the regular user not being able to use sounds might be an artifact of running GNOME as root, some permissions somewhere broken or a configuration file removed.

You need to take a look at the systemd journal to see what errors pulseaudio is getting when you log in as the user.