[CentOS] Firefox 78 under CentOS 6 -- no sound?

Fri Oct 23 18:44:46 UTC 2020
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

Am 23.10.20 um 11:18 schrieb James Pearson:
> Peter wrote:
>>
>> What confuses me here is why would Red Hat rebase a package so close to
>> EOL.  Now that they have they're stuck with either leaving a severly
>> broken firefox or providing a fix less than 6 weeks before EOL.  I
>> honestly don't know which way they'll go here but it just seems to me
>> like it was a very poor decision to rebase firefox in RHEL6 so close to
>> EOL to begin with.
>
> I'm guessing that as Firefox ESR 68 is now a year 'out-of-date' (and no longer supported by Mozilla), that they wanted to provide a more up to date version for those that want to continue using EL6 after its EOL ?

Mozilla released version 68.12.0, on August 25, 2020 ->
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/68.12.0/releasenotes/

RH has an ELS phase - if it gets fixed then only for paying customers.

--
Leon