[CentOS] Conversion from Centos 5 to Centos 7 & mailx changes

Sat Sep 5 16:34:52 UTC 2020
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Sat, 5 Sep 2020 at 10:19, Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at pomec.net> wrote:

> Stephen and Kenneth,
>
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> I tried 'MAILRC=/dev/nul' which I put in /etc/mail.rc as
>
> 'set MAILRC=/dev/null'

No that is meant to be a shell environment variable so that it does not try
to read /etc/mail.rc.. if you have it in /etc/mail.rc its not going to help
any.

> But I did not identify that this changed any behavior.
>
> The link below was very helpful Stephen thank you for your kindness in
> digging this out for
> me.
>
> https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-send-e-mail-alerts-on-a-centos-vps-for-system-monitoring
>
> In the end the above link gave me a grammar and syntax that worked, but it
> is requiring a
> change in every line of code that the 'mail' command had been used.  the
> following syntax
> and grammer gave me what I needed.
>
> echo | mail -s "Subject" -r from at address -q /loc/to/body.txt email at address
>
> Thank you again for your help!!!
>
> Greg

Stephen J Smoogen.