[CentOS] Thunderbird won't start after move to new box

Thu Sep 10 16:08:45 UTC 2020
Gary Stainburn <gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk>

I've tried moving my Thunderbird profile from one C7 box, a standard PC
to another C7 box, a DELL server. I did this by rsync'ing ~/.thunderbird.

However, on the new box, Thunderbird only starts if I run it
-safe-mode.  If I don't run it in safe mode I see the window flash up
and instantly close.  No errors or notifications appear in the terminal
window.,

Anyone got suggestions on what could be wrong, or how I can diagnose
it?  Google just seems to bring up hits for problems on Windows boxes.