[CentOS] CentOS 8 LSI SAS2004 Driver

Sun Sep 20 03:04:36 UTC 2020
William Markuske <wmarkuske at gmail.com>

Hello,

I've recently been given domain over a number of supermicro storage
servers using Broadcom / LSI SAS2004 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2
[Spitfire] (rev 03) to run a bunch of SSDs. I was attempting to do fresh
installs of CentOS 8 and have come to find out that RedHat deprecated
support for a number of HBAs for 8 including all running the SAS2004 chip.

Does anyone know if there is a driver available for this chip from a
third party repo? My google searches have led me to believe that EPEL 8
has a kmod-mpt3sas package but it does not seem to exist though multiple
blogs have stated otherwise. If anyone knows if there is a solution for
CentOS 8 that would be great or if I have to roll back to CentOS 7 for
card support.

Thanks,

William