[CentOS] Centos8: Glusterd do not start correctly when I startup or reboot all server together

Mon Sep 28 20:40:54 UTC 2020
Dario Lesca <d.lesca at solinos.it>

I have install and configure on two server centos8 glusterfs in replica
mode in this manner:

   dnf install centos-release-gluster -y
   dnf install glusterfs-server glusterfs glusterfs-fuse -y
   systemctl enable --now glusterd
   gluster peer probe virt1
   gluster peer status
   sh creavolume.sh gfsvol1 301G /gfsvol1 xfs
   # NOTE: this is a my shell script to create fs on lvm
   mkdir /gfsvol1/brick1
   gluster pool list
   gluster volume create gfsvol1 replica 2 virt1:/gfsvol1/brick1
   virt2:/gfsvol1/brick1 force
   gluster volume start gfsvol1
   gluster volume info gfsvol1
   gluster volume status gfsvol1
   gluster volume heal gfsvol1
   # add to /etc/fstab
   vi /etc/fstab
   virt1:/gfsvol2	/virt-gfs glusterfs defaults,noatime,_netdev 0
   0
   mkdir /virt-gfs
   mount -a

All work fine but when I start or restart all server together glusterd
server start but if I try mount the volume, gluster is not working.

At this point if I restart the glusterd service and run "mount -a" all
work fine.

Seem is a boot network problem

Then I have try modify glusterd.service with

$ sudo systemctl edit  glusterd.service --full

And modify the unit in this way:

   #old
   < After=network.target
   < Before=network-online.target
   #new
   > After=network.target network-online.target
   > #Before=network-online.target

Now all work fine, mostly when I start or restart all server together.

There is another solution or this is a Bug?

Many thanks for your suggest

--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 32 Workstation)