[CentOS] Conversion from Centos 5 to Centos 7 & mailx changes

Sat Sep 5 14:17:19 UTC 2020
Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at PoMec.Net>

Stephen and Kenneth,

Thank you very much for your help.

I tried 'MAILRC=/dev/nul' which I put in /etc/mail.rc as

'set MAILRC=/dev/null'

But I did not identify that this changed any behavior.

The link below was very helpful Stephen thank you for your kindness in digging this out for
me.
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-send-e-mail-alerts-on-a-centos-vps-for-system-monitoring

In the end the above link gave me a grammar and syntax that worked, but it is requiring a
change in every line of code that the 'mail' command had been used.  the following syntax
and grammer gave me what I needed.

echo | mail -s "Subject" -r from at address -q /loc/to/body.txt email at address

Thank you again for your help!!!

Greg