[CentOS] Plasma problem with numeric keypad

Tue Sep 8 08:58:29 UTC 2020
Alessandro Baggi <alessandro.baggi at gmail.com>

Hi list,

I'm running CentOS 8.2 with Plasma from EPEL and I noticed that I have
problem using numeric keypad of my keyboard when using plasma
application like Konsole, Kcalc, Konqueror and all application of
Plasma. Using Firefox, Thunderbird, xterm, Libreoffice all works as
expected. So this problem is related to Plasma application. I noticed
the same problem on sddm login. I noticed that to make the numeric
keypad to work I need to press SHIFT+NUMKEY.

I tried to manage Plasma keyboard configuration but nothing worked.

I tried my keyboard on other PC and distro but the problem does not occour.

I should try this using GNOME or XFCE but being a KDE user I would avoid
to install the others.

There is a way to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Alessandro.