[CentOS] Server entering Emergency Shell, but continues fine after pressing Enter

Sat Sep 12 21:55:42 UTC 2020
Quinn Comendant <quinn at strangecode.com>

On 12 Sep 2020 13:40:40, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> I see errors in the journalctl output.  Look into these:

The `setfont` errors also occur on other VMs that do boot successfully. Their hardware configuration only differs in the amount of disk space and RAM assigned.

> Unknown lvalue 'TimeoutSec' in section 'Manager'

Oh, that was a change I made just during the last reboot in an attempt to speed up the reboot process (server gets stuck on "A stop job is running for LSB…" for 5min after issuing a reboot command). It's not the cause.

Thanks,
Quinn