[CentOS] erasing a disk

Mon Sep 14 20:34:36 UTC 2020
Erick Perez - Quadrian Enterprises <eperez at quadrianweb.com>

what if you just dd the first 1GB of the disk and the last GB of the disk
(the last because of RAID signatures of some controllers that write to the
end of the disk)
Look at this article and modify accordingly
https://zedt.eu/tech/linux/using-dd-to-repeatedly-erase-a-specific-range-of-sectors-on-the-hard-disk/

Also, use wipefs -a (Gordon Messmer answered faster than me)